UnAnswers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yallow's one year ban

4 posters

Go down

Yallow's one year ban Empty Yallow's one year ban

Post by A F K When Needed Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:17 am

A F K When Needed
A F K When Needed
Bureaucrat

http://unanswers.wikia.com/wiki/UnAnswers

Back to top Go down

Yallow's one year ban Empty Re: Yallow's one year ban

Post by Nyerguds Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:20 pm

Umm... isn't this a bit too harsh? I don't remember her doing much wrong before, and I don't know any of the circumstances surrounding this incident. Please at least elaborate on that.

Also, I've heard of malware doing this kind of automatic posting on forums, websites and IRC using the PC user's stored logins. This may just be malware on her PC.
Nyerguds
Nyerguds

Back to top Go down

Post by A F K When Needed Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:41 pm

One problem, my dear friend Nyerguds. Follow that link. It's not just a dodgy link - read the URL that McAfee is discussing. I've never heard of malware that actually designs and creates webpages. So no. I don't think it is malware at all.
A F K When Needed
A F K When Needed
Bureaucrat

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyerguds Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:58 pm

Nyerguds wrote:Also, I've heard of malware doing this kind of automatic posting on forums, websites and IRC using the PC user's stored logins. This may just be malware on her PC.
My statement had nothing to do with "malware creating dangerous websites", just with "malware using the infected user's PC for spamming links to dangerous websites through various channels",

Unless you give us some sort of context this happened in, you really won't see me changing my mind about this any time soon. I remember when I had malware all over my own website because my system got infected with something and I had FTP logins stored in Windows Explorer. It actually logged into the FTP with my user details and edited all HTML pages on the server to add malware links. So saying it logged into some popular IRC program she has on her PC to post links to malware-infested sites is not as far-fetched as you'd think.
Nyerguds
Nyerguds

Back to top Go down

Post by El_Nazgir Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:51 am

I think what AFK is trying to tell you is that the URL that she linked to was "yallowrantpost" etc. which indeed doesn't seem like something malware would make/link to.
El_Nazgir
El_Nazgir
Bureaucrat

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyerguds Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:00 am

I know, I've read the facts now. But if you check my replies on Yallow's talk page, you'll see I did some tests on the site (no risk; gonna reinstall my Windows in a few minutes anyway), and it turns out you can put ANYTHING there at the start of the URL; it'll still lead to crap. The only thing that happened was this Toredne guy baiting AFK into going to a shock site, and he's blaming Yallow for that. That's totally ridiculous.
Nyerguds
Nyerguds

Back to top Go down

Post by El_Nazgir Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:02 am

I just saw her talk page after I posted this.
El_Nazgir
El_Nazgir
Bureaucrat

Back to top Go down

Post by A F K When Needed Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:02 am

I shall be both honest, and blunt. Mendel asked me on IRC last night if Yallow had been a strain on the Community, or a strain on me.

Honestly? I'd say both.

I can remember several occassions (and don't doubt there's more) when she's gone out of her way to wind me up. The result of this is that I value her contributions to UnAnswers, but have come to loath her.

Normally if there was bias I'd be much more willing to make an effort to circumvent that. But in this case I'm not. The fact that I'm biased against Yallow is ENTIRELY a result of her attitude.

Here's a thought: she's seemingly rather deliberately made an enemy of (or at least often taken the opportunity to greatly piss off) the bureaucrat of a wiki. Does that not kind of scream stupidity?

Let's say it wasn't her on IRC. (Which I doubt. If it wasn't her, it would've been in #wikia-unanswers, and GreenReaper would not have been around to fill Mendel in on the details. Whoever it was wouldn't have let ~40-50 people see that she wasn't logged in for no reason.) If it wasn't her on IRC, it means that there are still elements of the Darth community (or God-forbid, she's pissed off even more people through her antics.

In any event, while I'm normally all for protecting those that need it, I'm not willing to devote the time and / or resources on someone I frankly consider a plague. She has riled me time and time again. She has behaved inappropriately time and time again. Now, when she needs help and is the innocent victim (which I doubt) she's suddenly found she doesn't have the support of the one person who she rather needs on her side. This. Is. All. Her. Own. Fault.

So yeah, there's the (slim) chance it wasn't her. But she's acted maliciously enough for me to quite happily sit this one out and not give a shit. She's gone. That is the end of it.

Mendel, if you ever see this; Was she a strain on me? Yes.
Was that her own fault? Yes.
Does she deserve sympathy or protection from this? For the life of me, I don't see why.
A F K When Needed
A F K When Needed
Bureaucrat

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyerguds Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:21 am

as a channel op, couldn't you have at least checked the IP? This is completely baseless.
Nyerguds
Nyerguds

Back to top Go down

Post by A F K When Needed Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:28 am

A F K When Needed wrote:Let's say it wasn't her on IRC. (Which I doubt. If it wasn't her, it would've been in #wikia-unanswers, and GreenReaper would not have been around to fill Mendel in on the details. Whoever it was wouldn't have let ~40-50 people see that she wasn't logged in for no reason.) If it wasn't her on IRC, it means that there are still elements of the Darth community (or God-forbid, she's pissed off even more people through her antics.

In any event, while I'm normally all for protecting those that need it, I'm not willing to devote the time and / or resources on someone I frankly consider a plague. She has riled me time and time again. She has behaved inappropriately time and time again. Now, when she needs help and is the innocent victim (which I doubt) she's suddenly found she doesn't have the support of the one person who she rather needs on her side. This. Is. All. Her. Own. Fault.

A few things;
1) I am not a channel op in #wikia
2) She wasn't logged in, so I don't really understand. It showed everyone her I.P., it's like being logged out on a Wiki: your I.P. isn't a secret.
A F K When Needed
A F K When Needed
Bureaucrat

Back to top Go down

Post by Yowuza Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:57 am

Ask a staff member for a checkuser.
Yowuza

Back to top Go down

Post by A F K When Needed Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:33 pm

How would that achieve what?
A F K When Needed
A F K When Needed
Bureaucrat

Back to top Go down

Post by Yowuza Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:20 pm

You'd know her IP adress to see if it really was her on IRC?
Yowuza

Back to top Go down

Post by A F K When Needed Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:06 pm

Sorry, but how would a "checkuser" help? I just don't get it.

Check Yallow's talk page, we didn't get an I.P. on IRC that time - we got 5271985c@gateway/web/cgi-irc/irc.wikia.com/x-sbkwfxnemcafimrs.

I'm aware of checkuser, but it wouldn't help in this case. I've both seen Yallow's I.P. before on IRC, hell, using the Forum I can check it whenever I feel like it.

I appreciate your input and interest in the matter, but I'm not sure if you're loosing track of her talk page, or else suggesting something that I'm not catching on to.
A F K When Needed
A F K When Needed
Bureaucrat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum