UnAnswers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khono SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAMEDY SPAM!

4 posters

Go down

Khono SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAMEDY SPAM! Empty Khono SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAMEDY SPAM!

Post by Khono Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:01 am

I have Aspergers. Feel free to look that up (or not). It basically makes me pretty weird and oftentimes makes me seem insensitive.

My attention span is very short but this means that I'm interested in almost everything; especially sciencey stuff.

I'm a high school and university dropout.

I'm currently getting interenet on my laptop from an open network so my net sucks ATM. Also, my keyboard on the laptop is absollute crap. Even if I plug in an external keyboard, when I type "d" it comes out "b". Numlock comes out "d". Comma comes out "b". This, combined with the condensed keyboard one finds on laptops makes the experience quite frustrating. Over the two months I spent in Laos, though, I've been getting quite used to this BS and got a lot done there on my comp (since there wasn't much else to do there).

I've become a novice programmer in Python, mainly using Pygame. After 11 or so years, I'm finally making some headway on my ancient dream to program games.

Other boring things about me: I'm oversensitive to light, sound, and smells. Sound and smells can wake me up very easily. Makes living with me very difficult muahahahaha. I'm very opinionated. I think about everything and develop opinions about everything and all too often I express them.

I'm very interested in humanitarian type stuff like international development.

Mmmmm, what else... I'm about 5'10", brown hair, going bald and grey early. Can't do anything with my hair so I just shave it off when I feel shaggy.

The name Khono is a Zulu word which I think means "ability". The Zulus themselves don't use it so it's pretty unique. The Japanese sometimes romanize similar names to Khono, though I think Kono would be a more accurate romanization.

Since I'm so sensitive to the nastiness of others, am so concerned with unsustainable living, and generally don't like people, I'm very interested in sustainable outdoors living and will probably buy some wilderness land and try to live there when I get the money for it.

Alternative description:
I'm a giant pulsing brain with tentacles floating in a vat of cerebral spinal fluid. (yay, only one "d" in that sentence with no commas!)
Khono
Khono

Back to top Go down

Khono SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAMEDY SPAM! Empty Re: Khono SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAMEDY SPAM!

Post by A F K When Needed Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:42 am

Khono wrote:My attention span is very short

*looks at the length of your message*

How the...

On other news: Welcome! Glad to see you here, mate Twisted Evil
A F K When Needed
A F K When Needed
Bureaucrat

http://unanswers.wikia.com/wiki/UnAnswers

Back to top Go down

Post by El_Nazgir Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:42 am

Welcome aboard!

I know the short attention span problem (probably not as much as you do though). I got exams now, and I get distracted every 5 minutes or so >.>
El_Nazgir
El_Nazgir
Bureaucrat

Back to top Go down

Post by Khono Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:07 am

El_Nazgir wrote:Welcome aboard!

I know the short attention span problem (probably not as much as you do though). I got exams now, and I get distracted every 5 minutes or so >.>

I never did study well for exams. Luckily I'm great at figuring stuff out based on the questions. Examples:
:I was contemplating not going to my math exam because I knew I was just going to fail it. Ultimately I decided to just go and write my incorrect BS and get out 15 minutes later. I worked on it as best I could and left with like 15 minutes left to finish it. I got my grades back a few weeks later and aced the course as well as the exam. Hurray for lenient marking!
:Chemistry: it was my first exam of my first year. Out of 200 or so students, I got the highest grade on it. Keep in mind I'm a high school dropout. The next chem exam there was a hot chick beside me who thought I was really smart and so hung around me. We were looking up our marks and I found mine and said something like "ahh, I only got 73 percent..." Then I said "oh wait.... oh... 34 percent... Haha.... Bye."

@AFK: I am not a simple, cut and dry topic. Notice how I skip from one topic about me to a completely different one from sentence to sentence. Talking about myself requires little thought and so goes by quickly. Making non-stupid unanswers takes more time so my answers there are very rarely more than a couple of sentences.

Due to popular demand, here's more about me!

It's not at all boring being a giant pulsing brain with tentacles suspended in a vat of cerebral spinal fluid. I've got my very own vending machine which I trigger with a tentacle. It spits out some stuff into the water (usually fish heads) which gets digested by enzymes my tentacles exude. The products of which my tentacles then absorb like inside-out intestines. Mmmm... could use some fish head right now. To be continued...

Last edited by Khono on Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : insufficient cowbell)
Khono
Khono

Back to top Go down

Post by A F K When Needed Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:11 am

No, you're not simple or dry, but you do have a few cuts.

And currently you are a topic. Twisted Evil
A F K When Needed
A F K When Needed
Bureaucrat

Back to top Go down

Post by El_Nazgir Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:15 am

I hardly study for my exams, about which my mother is kinda frustrated :/
For math, I get the highest grades of the entire class when it comes to exercises, but I always fail horribly at theoretical stuff (definitions, proofs of something, etc.) The teacher said to me that I'd most likely get through this year on exercises alone, and fail for about everything theoretical, so if she says I'll get through, there's hope for me yet!

Chemistry was today, and I hardly studied too. Most of it was purely logical stuff, at which I am very good. For English, the day after tomorrow, I have never studied. The only thing I ever did (and will do tomorrow) was read through it once so I know more or less which words I have to use, and stuff like that.

Oral exam religion tomorrow though, so I'm gonna try to study some more now...
El_Nazgir
El_Nazgir
Bureaucrat

Back to top Go down

Post by A F K When Needed Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:22 am

El_Nazgir wrote:Oral exam religion

Pfft, where's that English teacher? Razz

*ducks*
A F K When Needed
A F K When Needed
Bureaucrat

Back to top Go down

Post by Khono Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:47 pm

Religion? The power of atheism protects me from that pitfall. I think grading systems are quite backwards. Being excellent at the theoretical but not so great at exercises is perfectly fine for many jobs. But even a job that requires only theoretical would be harder to get if one's mark is brought down by exercises. Vice versa the same too, of course. I must say, though, there're many more jobs out there that could use someone very good at the exercises than for the theoretical. More interesting too. Have you taken astronomy? I've found that to be the most interesting application of mathmatical problems.

Mmm, any class can suck with the wrong teacher, and vice versa. There're some real dicks out there. Then there are those who breath nitrous oxide. I've had one of those. He combined a very thick accent with completely uninteresting stuff way out of the scope of the course. Of the two months or so he taught, I remember about five minutes' worth.

Ahh, but no matter how I bash school, I find I learned much more while there than lazing it away at home. But yeah, astronomy FTW. Likely a growth industry, that. Engineering stuff for space.
Khono
Khono

Back to top Go down

Post by El_Nazgir Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:37 pm

I have to take Religion, I'm on a Catholic school. I'm a fully convinced atheist myself too.

I'm still in high school, I can't just pick my courses (and I don't think astronomy is given anywhere in Belgium). And when I go to college, I'm going for informatics. It's in my blood: my father does it, my 2 brothers do it, my oldest sister does it (she's a civil engineer computer science). The only ones that don't do informatics in our family are my mother and my youngest sister. And I like it too. I've been programming stuff on my calculator since I got my hands on it, and I should really pick up on python again...
El_Nazgir
El_Nazgir
Bureaucrat

Back to top Go down

Post by A F K When Needed Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:48 pm

*in

*ducks*
A F K When Needed
A F K When Needed
Bureaucrat

Back to top Go down

Post by Khono Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:19 pm

Nothing wrong with that field either. I guess things are quite different over there. There are some mandatory classes one must take in high school here, but about 60% or more of the credits we need are optional. Then there's university where I just took whatever felt like. Even when they arbitrarily assigned me a major I just ignored it and took completely unrelated classes. Ahhh, freedom FTW.

*shudder* I don't think I could stand having to take courses in religion. 'course, religion over there might be less... aggressive than it is here. Waaaayy too many extremists in the US (their culture spills over here in irresistable tidal waves over the border here).
Khono
Khono

Back to top Go down

Post by El_Nazgir Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:23 am

Well, oral exam religion went... Kinda ok. Tomorrow's English, so that means lying lazily on my back learning for math for the day after tomorrow.

Here in high school, you can't pick your courses at all. You pick one of the 3 "systems": ASO, TSO or BSO, and then a certain umm... "direction" literally translated, not sure what to call it in English. What courses you have is determined by what "direction" you picked.
ASO is theoretical and general (the A stands for general) education. You have to go to college because your diploma is worthless to get a job. This is where latin and stuff is taught. I do this and I do Maths/science.
BSO is focussed on working. If you graduate here, you're ready to start working.
TSO is technical (=T) education and is a mix of BSO and TSO. It's less theoretical than ASO, and less actual working than BSO.

And yeah, religion here should really be called "ethics" or something. It's looking at ethnicity from a (mildly) religious point of view. We get to see a lot of theologist's opinions and stuff too. We even studied religion in the USA and made the comparison with here (that was one of my questions this morning).
El_Nazgir
El_Nazgir
Bureaucrat

Back to top Go down

Post by A F K When Needed Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:38 am

'Direction' seems like a logical word for that context.
A F K When Needed
A F K When Needed
Bureaucrat

Back to top Go down

Post by Yallow Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:45 pm

I would be cute here, but no one cares. Hi Khono, sorry I'm late. You're humor is very morbid, I wish you would change it. Good luck with your pygame. Does anyone call you Koney, or ask if you are First Nation?
Yallow
Yallow
Administrator

http://mirth.wikia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum